The following features are explored in session 1:
- Interface of SketchUp (Check instruction videos here & here )
- Concept of 3D modelling & Introducing navigation tools: Zoom, Orbit and Pan (Check instruction video here )
- Introducing drawing tools: lines, surfaces, circles, rectangles, arcs, and polygons. (Check video here )
- Introducing modifying tools: Push/Pull, Move, Copy, Arrays, Rotate. Make use of the inference features. (check video here & here )
- Use the Component and Group functions. (Check video here )
- Using Template. (Check video here )
Before you start working with SketchUp, download the Quick reference card from here and make a print of it.
If you wonder about the differences between the SketchUp Free and SketchUp Pro. Here you could find more.